Beginning Guitar Lessons
With an introduction to the world of guitar, the fundamental skills common to all styles will be covered: reading music/tablature, playing chords and chord progressions, using the right hand for strumming and finger picking (
Popular, Folk and Classical guitar styles will be integrated into our weekly lessons. It is the goal of these first few weeks to supply each student with a foundation of understanding that will allow them to progress in the musical direction of their choice.
For the student who has developed a foundation of basic skills, and is interested in applying more advanced playing techniques and music theory.
Lessons tend to last an hour in length and focus on tone production and the use of nails, exploring what is necessary to maintain the fundamental moves of the right hand; developing the left hand, i.e.
For the advanced guitarist looking to improve both their technique and musicianship. Advanced guitar lessons may also be geared toward the pre-college guitarist wishing to declare themselves a music major/minor, who must first prepare for an entrance
Excerpts, etudes, more advanced repertoire and sight reading include a few of the finer points intended to foster a more complete guitarist.
- 30 minute guitar lesson: $30
- 60 minute guitar lesson: $65
- Receive a 5% discount when you purchase 12 or more lessons.
Acceptable methods of payment include cash, check, PayPal, Mastercard & Visa.
Full, three-quarter, and half-size guitars are available for rent for $25 a month.
- Buying your first guitar: Yamaha & Córdoba Guitars
- Guitar Footstool
- Guitar Tuner: for your phone & for your guitar
- Guitar Strings: D'Addario & Savarez
- Guitar Capo
- Christopher Parkening Guitar Method, Vol. 1
- Pumping Nylon: The Classical Guitarist's Technique Handbook
- Flamenco Guitar Method Vol. 1, by Gerhard Graf-Martinez
- Sight Reading for the Classical Guitar, by Robert Benedict